Tuesday, 13 May 2014

Its a sad day, but its full of memories



Today is the 33 year anniversary of my mothers death. Every year this day is a big reminder of everything I never had a chance to do with my Mam. Watching my children growing up is something my mother never had a chance to watch me and my sister do. I wonder how she would see me through her eyes, what she would think of how I have turned out and what she would think of my family. 
I seen my Dad today and we often talk about my Mam, it still brings a tear to his eye when he talks about her, he loved her so much and nursed her through her cancer to the very end when she passed in our old home. It takes a very strong man to do that and I am so proud to call him my Dad. I am finding out more and more about her all the time which is fantastic.
So I just want to say, please don,t take your parents for granted as you never know how long you have them for, please make sure you have plenty of stories to tell your children and help you keep them alive in your hearts xx

No comments:

Post a Comment